Home About Adoption Contact
RSS

July 23, 2011

Niche or Not?

When I decided to start a blog, I did my fair share of Google searches research. One common consensus was choosing a particular subject, such as photography or cooking, etc., in order to capture a certain audience. Now, I really did consider this, for a very long time. I thought about honing in on my frugal skills. Have you seen how many great frugal, money saving, penny pinching blogs there are? Yikes! I would feel like a needle in a haystack. I love baking. I considered sharing my recipes. Until I looked at some of the absolutely beautiful photos on some fancy blogs. Umm, no. I'm more about flavor, not presentation. Probably would have to stamp FAIL on that choice.
So, where does this leave me? Starting a blog without a particular niche. Starting a blog just being me. Writing about the many different things I enjoy. I'm unique. Weird, so my kids often remind me. I'm okay with that. I'm an original, not a copy. And I hope my blog will reflect that. 




Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You. Dr. Seuss








 Stacia

1 comment:

  1. Stacia, I'm the same way. My blog page is called Random Writings because I can't stick with one particular audience. I'm a mixture of all as well.

    *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete